Monday, October 27, 2008

...

In one week it will be November. Things are starting to pick up real quick. You know that climb up the first big roller coaster hill? The chains slowly clicking, the plastic seat under your butt still a bit cold to the touch, the excitement starting to mix with anxiety - am I ready? is the bar clicked tight enough to my lap? Is it too tight? Do I put my hands up, do I scream? Where's the camera going to be? I wonder when they built this thing? This is going to be awesome.

In November I start with the Jets which is going to be great. I even ran into one of my guy's parents at Microcenter this weekend. His son, Jordan, and the family saw me on TV at the Trials - even picked me out of the background on some of the clips on top of the 1500m coverage. Now Jordan wants to try some multis this year, maybe even a decathlon this summer.
In November I will be one month away from the Harvard team's first meet. I'm psyched as this is going to be a great year. We've brought a lot of change to that program that will really come to show this year. I've got some great new kids and I'm stoked to see what my vets are going to accomplish, but once we start, there's really no let up 'til May.
In November I will be two months out from my first meet. Two months. eight weeks, 60 real-world days, 48 training days, 2 training cycles, then its here.

Probably means I should get to bed. Got lift in 10 hours. This is going to be awesome.

No comments: