Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Pole-A-Thon...I need your help.

As some of you close to me know, the week before the Olympic Trials was actually extremely stressful.  The week before I had come to find out that the shipping company I use used to use ruined just about every single pole I had shipped to Dallas for my decathlon at the beginning of June.  And I use the general term 'ruined' on purpose...I have no idea what they could have done to them to cause the damage I've been left with.
Seriously,  Short of a laser-pistol fight amongst guerillas I have no way to explain how 8 poles could be not only smashed, but burnt as well.  They weren't even flown, they were ground shipped.  Anyways, I lucked out and was able to borrow poles during the Trials (thank you Ryan Harlan) but with the size of poles that I need (big) being so rare, they only way I'm going to be able to find poles for this year is to buy them and unfortunately at over $500 and $600 a piece for most of them, they're far from cheap.  I lost a few grand of poles (as well as a couple that were lent to me by Northeastern and Harvard University so that fellow competitors in Dallas could borrow poles to jump on) so I'm going to need a lot of support.  
The great guys at M-F Athletic have pledged to give me 20% off each of my poles (which is HUGE!!! Thanks Guys!) so we've got a good start but if you or anyone you know is willing to support your favorite decathlete (me...), then please take a moment to visit my site at mchisam.com.  Every little bit helps so even if you can't help out monetarily, please take a moment to show your support with a comment.  Plus, if you're able to help out by donating a whole pole (Thanks You!!!) then not only will you get to name the pole, but you'll also be kept up to date with how your pole's season is coming along all year.  We started to get some great places last year, help me get even higher (literally) this year.

Thanks all,
Matt

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Once again, this is a perfect reason/cause to activate the phone tree. I've already hit up Papa Sheldon (since you are his fav boy multi :)) and Hideshi...I'll start passing the word around. Gotta take care of our track family!! :) much love buddy...

--Judy
PS Mad kudos to Ian for thinking of the pole naming/donating/DOING it :)

Matt Chisam said...

haha, INITIATE THE PHONE TREE! Thanks Judy. Stoked for your trip Boston, see you soon.