Sunday, February 22, 2009

addiction

If you're doing things right, there seems to come a time every year in which you absolutely love training. I will be the first to admit: it is a sickness, it is not normal, it may not even be right...but it its great. I am there now.
This past week I was fortunate to have coach John Powell (who runs the Trackspeed-1 club out of London) in town. I've started training with a couple of guys following his workouts halfway through last year. This year is my first year working with his stuff from the start and my track strength feels great. He brought out a couple Brits as well so our small training group grew and we got some great work in. Unfortunately all the tough work put a damper on the meet today at Harvard (my legs pretty much felt like mud), but I know in the long run we made a big deposite into the bank this week. Hopefully come a couple of weeks from now we can see some dividends come the US Combined Events Championships in Chapel Hill, March 7-8th.

With outdoor quickly approaching I've finally got some resemblence of a schedule:

March 7-8: USATF Combined Events Championships, Indoor Heptathlon (Chapel Hill, NC)
March 14: Aggie Open, Pole Vault, Hurdles, Discus (UC Davis, CA!!!)
March 21: TSU Relays (Houston, TX)
March 28: Bayou Classic (Houston, TX @ Rice University)
April 22: Drake Relays, Select Decathlon Events (Des Moine, Iowa)
May 7: Multistars Decathlon (Descenzano, Italy...hopefully!)
June 6-7: Texas Greatest Athlete, Select Decathlon Events (Dallas, TX)
June 25-28: USATF National Championships, Decathlon (Eugene, OR)

No comments: