Saturday, May 9, 2009

day one down, gots work to do.

Hey guys,

A quick post as I have to get to bed. Day one was a little rough. I actually "got to" compete in 6 events as the timing didnt had a malfunction in my heat of the 100 so we had to re-run it. It was actually a decent time, but when I got to the long jump my legs felt terrible. I don't know if it's some travel catching up to me, just one of those days, or the terrible time sleeping I had last night, but I had some real bad hydration problems early in the meet. I recovered well in the shot with the 4th best throw overall, but by the time I got to the high jump I felt like I had somehow gained 40 - 80 ilbs and had been skipping out on practicing the last couple of months. I struggled over a couple heights before an early exit, but again came back with a decent 400m for this early in the season.
Overall Im down a just under 200 points from PR paces so I've got some work to do tomorrow, but I'm anxious to see what I can put out there.

-matt

1 comment:

amory said...

Keep us posted, Matt. We're cheering you on from back here in MA. Me, D and Country, that is. And make sure you enjoy Italy, too!