Wednesday, June 3, 2009

TGA

Im planning on putting some time into some posts soon (re: im traveling a lot so finally have some downtime in airports and on planes), but in case I slip I wanted to give you guys a quick update. I leave tomorrow for Dallas and the Texas Greatest Athlete multi.
The plan is to use this as a tune-up for the US Champs at the end of June, but as this is the first time in as long as I can remember that i'm going into a meet without a qualifying mark hanging over my head on top of the fact that I've PR'd at this meet a couple of times before - this might turn into a bit more than a simple "tune-up." We'll see. The plan is to compete in 8 or so of the events but really we're just looking to go into it loose and use it as an opportunity to take some chances and raise the bar.

I'm actually a little (well... A LOT) anxious as this is the first time I've had to ship my poles since having them destroyed coming home from this meet last year, so bypass any good luck wishes to me and send them to my poles!! Thanks to the incredibly gracious help from many of you i'm flying a tube full of beautiful new poles so it feels a little like parents must feel the first time they let their kids go to a sleepover...

No comments: